Tuesday, August 07, 2007

UP the DATE tree

While I recognise that I cannot live up to the remarkable blogging efforts of Sez, I'm trying to be regular so it's about time I update again :)

I've been doing a training course with the Australian sports commission and finished it last Monday night. Now I am a certified Active afterschool community coach which looks good on the resume (for someone who wants to be a primary teacher) and hopefully will lead to more sports coaching jobs which are always fun... except last saturday when my 11-12pm soccer class was huge and extremely difficult to control. Anyway I have been contracted into teaching funk&groove classes at a school once a week which I'm a little scared about because I know next to nothing about dance. I am just going to focus on movement to music and music games so hopefully I'll get through my 7 contracted weeks...mmm, lol I know, how do I end up with all these weird jobs?

I started an equip course last week with Steph called "God's Big Picture" which is actually far more interesting than I initially thought it would be... it really compliments this subject I am studying called "History of Christianity and Civilisation". I have read the Old Testament many times and know the stories off by heart from Sunday School days yet there were lots of things I never recognised before. For example the lecturer was talking about how the great flood was really a reversal of the creation act and it shows how seriously upset God was about the rebellion of creation and how God's decision to save Noah was an example of grace and God's continuning hope and purpose for humanity; that he hadnt just given up. I suppose I'd always just thought of the story of Noah's Arc as just a story about something that happened when really it helps us realise the consistency of God's purposes.

Ha.. I've tried to make this post more exciting with pictures but it probably hasnt worked.
In other news I caught up with Nadine and Rohan from my Cambodia team on Saturday as Nads was in Adelaide visiting her sister and Rohan came down from his riverland home. We checked out "the beach house" at Glenelg which has awesome looking waterslides which I'm keen to use this Summer. We went to the noodle box on Jetty road for dinner which doesnt sound all that exciting but there was actually this outside eating area at the back which has bamboo walls and plants and candles etc... it was just really nice and hidden. Anyway I'm not very good at describing it but it was really pretty.


Well that's a bit about what I've been up to.
Hope everyone has an excellent week!!!
xoxo

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger sez said...

woohoo, i got a mention. lol. well good luck with all your wacky jobs!! i'm sure you'll do fine!

6:54 pm  
Blogger Stephanie said...

You should go to see Evan Almighty. I went to an advance screening today and it was HILARIOUS! We laughed so hard.

Minor/ major theological problem on the flood being about a love story between Noah and his wife, not about judgement, but worthwhile all the same.

9:19 pm  
Blogger Shorty said...

yeh i wanna see evan almighty, looks funny!

did anyone else read Rohan as as "Row Haan" instead of "Rowan"? I thought of the Riders of Rohan when I read it. Weird.

1:22 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home