Saturday, June 16, 2007

so we keep on waiting, waiting on the HOLIDAYS

Thank you (everyone who commented) for your comments, I love comments :)
Well firstly must correct my last post. Hannah actually ended up raising $700 for the Aids Orphans and Street Children which is an even better end result of her foosball endeavor.
Now what can I say about this week?

Well I have been trying to drive my beautiful little car and have stalled (insert small number here) times (I would rather not disclose the number of times I have actually stalled the car.) I’ve made it onto a main road which was very scary and have almost perfected hill starts but would prefer not to do them. Driving a manual is going to take a bit of practice (before I’d feel confident driving anywhere by myself).

I’ve found a job; well at least I hope so. I had an interview this morning and she asked me to come back for a paid trial shift next weekend which sounds promising. It’s just a sat morning job for 4 hours but my poor depleted bank account is happy for any contribution. It sounds like (and looks like) an extremely fun job where I spend the morning playing with 3-6 year old and teaching them to enjoy team sport. Hoping it turns out to be a job that I really enjoy and one that isn’t too full on or difficult.


NB: Photo included because it seems to make a post just that little more interesting.
Went to a screening of Shrek the third last night which was raising funds for vulnerable children in Myanmar, http://www.stir.org.au/stir/Content.aspx?topicID=192.
I thought it was funny and worth watching but you be the judge… it had a moral ending which was a bit much but was really cute and laugh our loud hilarious at times. I think I’d give it a 7/10…not as good as the first one, of course, but none the less worth watching.

Oxfam is still having their warehouse sale at 30 North Tce Kent Town. I’m always there volunteering on Tues and Fri arvo. If you’re in the area, come check it out and support fair trade!

On an end note, I handed in 3 assignments this week which means only 5 left to finish and I’m about to enter week 16 (the last week). Cant wait!

Until next week…
xo

4 Comments:

Blogger AJ said...

yay for driving your car, manuals take a while to get used to, but the more you do it the easier it gets (and its gets to be more fun too).
you've finally put some ppl in the links colums!
good luck with the job too, sounds like you'd really enjoy it

1:01 am  
Blogger jesster said...

ooo good on you for manual driving! I'm impressed. And that's great about the prospective job - sounds like it'd be great fun! Someone else I know got a job a while ago with a kid's party company - so she gets to get dressed up as a fairy, princess, or disco diva and play games with kids... and get paid for it!

6:15 pm  
Blogger Tamie said...

Yay for new job! Goodbye scary jewellery shop! And you're so good at making team sport fun as well! It'll be awesome!

10:10 am  
Blogger Shorty said...

Shrek 3 ey? Yeah I think I'll wait for that one to come out on video.

The job sounds good Lisa - good work!

10:14 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home