Sunday, June 10, 2007

CARAZY

Well week 14 is now over, only 2 more to go and then HOLIDAYS!! I’m going to Melbourne for 4 days which should be fun (I haven’t been there since year 8!) to meet up with some wonderful friends who went with me to Cambodia earlier this year. Aside from that my holiday project is to find a job and convert my art room into a useable room (the art room is a room underneath the house that no one really uses and it’s full of lots of junk).

Oxfam is having a big warehouse sale in Kent Town (30 north tce, in the Korean market until july 29th) and its awesome… lots of bargains. I volunteered there on Friday which was lots of fun and will be there more during the hols. They are actually looking for more volunteers so if you’ve got a couple of hours to spare on a day, let me know and I can give you more info. Definitely a good way to volunteer and help fund the work of Oxfam in promoting fair trade!

Last night Jess, Lib and I went to a foosball fundraiser which my friend, Hannah, organised to raise money for the home for Aids Orphans and Street Children that Teen Missions has set up in Zambia.

It is estimated that by 2010 there will be 40 million AIDS Orphans worldwide. 95% of these children will be living in Sub-Saharan Africa.
It would take 80,000 orphanages with 500 children at each to take care of the AIDS Orphans in Sub-Saharan Africa alone.

It was an exciting different, fun idea for a fundraiser and went really well with over $400 being raised. I wasn’t the best at foosball but I almost won the last game!

Also I must share my excitement at the recent purchase of my first car!! It’s a beautiful little manual car (lol, I can’t actually drive it because I don’t know how to drive a manual yet.) Anyway I bought it yesterday and am quite excited to learn to drive it.

NB: This is not my car, just one that looks like it
My weekly update :) Now I should get back to the assignments…
xo

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! congrats on ur first car! yay so exciting, and good luck learning to drive it! good work keepin the blog updated, was good to catch up again this weekend! xx

2:52 pm  
Blogger sez said...

hooray for car! and hooray for blog!

5:32 pm  
Blogger Lib said...

when do all your exams and stuff finish? i've probably asked you a thousand times and just forgotten. cos i finish on the 19th. eek. like a week tomorrow. anyway we can drive it up after that...

ps nice car :)

and foosball was the best night ever ;). i cant believe how anyone would ever want to miss out on that.

7:30 pm  
Blogger jesster said...

HURRAY new car!! and driving lessons!! You'll be whizzing around, changing those manual gears in no time at all.

so glad we went foosballing. it clearly is cool! not nerdy ;). like us. Man alive, I've never seen so many cul de sacs in my laife.

11:48 pm  
Blogger AJ said...

yay for update and yay for car :D
good luck with the learning, its a heap of fun once you've got the hang of it

8:15 am  
Blogger Shorty said...

melbourne sounds good - last time i went there i got sick for an entire day just from eating a pizza at a restaurant and then the next day i got ripped off by hungry jacks!

good work with the car.

1:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Lisa you seem to have a lot of people looking at and commenting on your blog!

How's your car going? When will you start having manual lessons?

I wish I was on holidays too... but I only finish on the 27th!! How annoying. Anyway I'm looking forward to hanging out with S@S friends in the holidays.

PS. I sort of updated my blog...

5:17 pm  
Blogger Tamie said...

Yay for car! And yay that it's a cute car! And yay for manuals - definitely the only way to drive like a race car driver!

11:48 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home