Monday, July 16, 2007

Melbournian adventures

After my plane was delayed for 2 hours because of fog, I finally made it to my friend Nicola’s house at 7pm (where Sarah was waiting.) We drove to Cobden, Victoria, which is a small country town, and stayed at Nadine’s dairy farm. Although it was only meant to take 2 and ½ hours, we got a little lost and it ended up taking 5 hours!

Nads with two little calves that were born the first morning we were there.

Cobden is near the great ocean road so we went to port campbell, a gorge and blowhole and also to the twelve apostles

Sarah, me, Nads and Nicola


Sarah and I at the twelve apostles (now about 8 left)

After leaving Nadine's,we spent two and 1/2 days in Melbourne. We shopped, visited the art gallery, ate, caught up with Rob and Emily (the two head leaders on our Cambodia team), went to the hospital (as Nicola had bad asthma), had a sukako at Max Brenner's (chocolate and milk melted by a candle), went to st kilda (v.cool cake shops there) and went to Luna Park to ride a roller coaster! The roller coaster actually broke down while we were on it( about 30 metres from the end) and they had to push us back... quality rides :)



A photo we took to prove we were at Luna Park but unfortunately we missed the background.

Melbourne was lots of fun! I highly recommend going there, although I'm sure most of you have been there lots already (I hadnt been there since I was 13!)
Well have a good week!!!
xo

2 Comments:

Blogger Shorty said...

Luna Park - never been there? Is it good?

I have been to Melbourne before but I got sick while i was there (from eating a dodgy pizza) ... so it was kind of crap in the end. Oh and Hungry Jack's ripped me off.

9:31 am  
Blogger sez said...

hmm, i haven't been to melbourne since i was 3.

looks like you had fun though!

10:25 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home