Friday, June 01, 2007

some thoughts which could be seen as slightly random

I just thought I'd share a quick discovery of mine....CUMIN
We've never had it in the pantry before but it is definately the best herb to ever exist. I love it! Right now I'm cooking some wedges seasoned with cumin; if only the oven cooked faster.
How exciting, sas camp starts in app a few hours. I hope it will be fun, interesting and not too cold. Right now I'm decked out in the warmest coat I have with my toes resting dangerously close to the heater. I know my house can be a little chilly but I think beside the river is going to be worse. Go wheatbags, single best invention ever! (nb there may be a few better inventions somewhere in the world, say the oven which is cooking my wedges and the car which is still waiting to be found and bought)
Only three weeks left of semester one. Makes me want to smile and cry at the same time (but no they wouldnt be happy tears). I'm exciting to be finishing some of my subjects but I never ever ever ever want to finish Writing for Children which is just the best thing since cumin (I'd say sliced bread but we only have this yucky discounted brown stuff in the freezer at the moment and it cant really be called the best thing ever.)
I can smell the cumin in the air, food is almost ready
until next post
xo

5 Comments:

Blogger sez said...

i've heard of cumin, but never had it. how exciting, you're cooking! haha. so just read all the posts since your fishermans scales one... NZ photos are beautiful, and i know who christobel mattingly is! :D mum went to school with her daughter! and i think dad went to school with her son? i don't know, anyway, yeah, i know who she is :P

6:58 pm  
Blogger Shorty said...

lisa! mmmmm wedges sound good. sas also sounds good... and it was! and not too cold either. And you should go back to subway coz they have ultra speed cooking ovens don't they?

4:28 pm  
Blogger Tamie said...

Hey Lisa!

I'm assuming you're back from camp... was it good? Not too cold?

I love cumin - it's been a new experience for me too recently. And how good are wedges?!

See you Wednesday!

3:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cumin is excellent if you put it on a chicken breast with a bit of onion and a slight spray of olive oil and grill it in the oven. mmmmm. sas camp was great, awesome hangin out with u like old times. need to do it more.

9:34 pm  
Blogger jesster said...

I think I might've indirectly had cumin before - meaning I've had it but not realised it was specifically cumin. I discovered chaat a few wks ago when I made dahl, which is also great!

The other day at work we spent a substantial amount of time warming ourselves in/next to the big ovens (after they'd been turned off but were perfectly and beautifully warm!) - which kind of combines 2 of ur best inventions together - ovens, and sliced bread (bcoz it's at a bakery). So there you go :)

it was great to see you at sas camp. looking fwd to foosball!

6:24 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home