Monday, August 13, 2007

NJ


I thought I'd start this post with a photo from Joel's party sat night so this post is a little more inviting and exciting.
SO THIS WEEK...
At the early hour of 6:30am I woke up and drank green tea till my insides were warm and I could contemplate getting ready. I know everyone has different morning routines and mine is to leave bed, turn the kettle on, let the dog outside, make a mug of green tea and sit down in front of the heater and drink that tea before doing anything else.
I've decided to take a job doing before school care so now my life will forever be full of early mornings (at least for 40 weeks of the year) as this means I'll be working every weekday from 7:30- 8:30am, Saturdays from 8-12 with soccer and JY on Sunday.
I was a little worried about starting this new job the night before but it was better than expected. Basically on the first day I just sat in a room for an hour playing uno, listening to a three year old sing along to a tape and playing hide and seek. Feeling healthy and energised because of the early start, I went to the gym for an hour and proceeded to wear myself out entirely. When I go home I felt great and alive yet I then spent the rest of today just sitting around eating and watching cheesy movies... so much for a productive study day considering I have two presentations and two papers due next week.
And then it was time to go lose some of my hair so the mop on my head becomes manageable once again. I failed miserably at the challenge on Joel's blog to talk to the hairdresser about Christianity as she really wasn’t the typical chatty hairdresser. Basically the hour spent with her was full of awkward silence (awkward turtle time) and the conversation was unable to rise above talking about what products I should buy so my hair stops being so dry and dead from too much straightening.
After that I went off to teach Funk and Groove at an OHSC. This was my first week of 7 weeks and involved 25 Recs to Year 3’s being taught dance by one of the world's worst dancers for an hour. I would like to say it was organised chaos but my organisation didn’t really pay off... it was just chaos. However some of the kids came up to me afterwards and said they had fun. Now I'll just have to edit my lesson plan for next week so it can be more fun and less chaotic.
And now to add to the excitement of this probably uninteresting post about the joys of new jobs (ah did you guess the acronym title?)
Below is me as a Simpsons character according to Simpsonise me. I wouldn’t really say it has a striking resemblance but it makes the post slightly that bit more exciting… ah I’m really grabbing at straws here to make this post worth looking at.

Well hope everyone is having a great week!!!
xo

5 Comments:

Blogger Lib said...

i'd say the lips were the same... haha

i wish i got paid to go to 8 am biology but i don't. have to do that tomorrow morning. won't be fun.

5:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe nice photo from joels - looks familar! and I reckon the simpsons thing looks like you, at least a bit. glad ur the starting of ur new jobs went well ... did u end up doing the ribbon thing in dance? also i want to get into drinking green tea, I like lots of other teas but not all that keen on green yet. its meant to be heaps good for you tho. nice work regularly updating the blog! xx

5:56 pm  
Blogger sez said...

wow, you have so many jobs :|
seriously.
amazing.
and early mornings too!
you crazy girl!

12:00 am  
Blogger Lib said...

thanks for the awesome comment spree! you will see that i have replied to most of them so check it out... xox

11:58 pm  
Blogger Emma Smith said...

hey yeh sorry will reply to ur email asap. add me to ur links
http://i-like-your-face.blogspot.com/

3:47 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home