Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hols week 2

My second week of holidays is coming to an end and im yet to have done any homework yet... must make it higher on my priorities list.
Last Saturday night my friend Hannah organised another one of her amazing fundraisers. This particular one was a quiz night. It was so much fun and this is the first ever quiz night where I didnt go home empty handed. We actually came THIRD! I was very excited, and steph won the random prize and jess the best dressed so all in all our table was full of winners :)

The best dressed Jess and I

Our winning table

I went down to Victor to spend a couple of days with the grandparents which was lovely.



Nanna and I spent a day shopping for all things arty and also had the chance to spend some time looking at Pa's photos from his time in Cambrai and Yalata and Nana's childhood photos. It's so strange imagining what your grandparents were like before they were your grandparents. I now know a lot more about their lives and what it was like for Dad growing up. Also I spent an afternoon with Nan's art loving friend, Doreen who told me her whole life story (a crazed husband who tried to kill her and losing two sons in freak accidents). It was an interesting afternoon and great to be able to spend time with older people.
Plus this trip to victor was doubly exciting for my grandparents because it was the first time they'd ever had a grandkid come stay without the parents. Also another first was the drive to victor. I had never driven that far before or even gone up to 100!
So that's another update. Wow , im fully a regular updater!!
Have an excellent rest of the week people!
xo

2 Comments:

Blogger Lib said...

i love talking to older people, i did alot of it on my trip in the US, spending time with my dad's siblings and mum, and even my older cousins, because they grew up in a very different family environment to me. for me all my cousins are old and married but for them they grew up together, spending summers at the lake house, with my dad being like an older brother to them because he was only 16 years older than the oldest, which is funny, because his oldest sibling is 18 years older than him. and how they reacted when they found out that he was getting married to my mum- to him he was always uncle mike and single, like it was never going to be any different. its just weird to think of everyone like that, and its really cool to talk to them and learn about it from their perspective.

also i discovered many things about my dad, like how he used to fly planes, and how he lived in this house in louisiana (i knew about that, but my cousin told me this funny story about them visitng and there being a lone moldy onion and some frozen biscuits in the fridge). definitely worthwhile.

10:50 pm  
Blogger sez said...

yay for you being a regular updater!! sounds like a good week :) see you soon!

8:21 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home